Friday, April 15, 2011

Everything Changes

Life is changing, yet again.  I turned 52 this week.  I've been unemployed for a month now.

I suppose I should be in a funk, and to be honest I think I was for a couple of weeks.  Unemployment in our little town is 22%.  We don't exactly have industry here, and wages are substandard.  The prospect of starting over, yet again, is somewhat daunting.

On the other hand, it's given me time to breathe.  I have to admit, I was so unhappy at my last job.  It was beyond stressful, and never have I encountered such an insensitive company, in what is turning out to be a longer life then I ever imagined having. It's pretty much a relief to wake up each morning and know that I don't have to face that place.  An excellent silver lining.

I've joined a local knitting group, it's brand new to our area!  We've only been meeting for about 4 weeks now, and we've grown from a group of 3 to 6.  I think it's turning out most excellently!  I've cranked out quite a few projects this past week.  Unusual projects for me.  I will no longer scoff at Dishcloth books, I actually should be embarrassed, considering how much I've spent on 3-packs of dishcloths, that my fingers poke through, and shred within a week.  I'm so thrilled with my homemade cloths!


Love this little waffle cloth!



This very kewl boxy look, and delightful warm colors!


Last, but not least, I knit this fantastic Market bag, and drove the 2 miles down to the Strawberry Farm to fill it up.  I am so happy that my life is this good!


So, yes, life is changing.  It's not that terribly awful, after all.  If you check in with me, I'll share the job search, the knitting club, and all the other new adventures I'm off to in my 52nd year.

No comments:

Post a Comment