Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!


Here's hoping you all had a wonderful Easter!

I realized today that I may be more open to grandchildren then I have been in the past.  Not that I want Chris or Tim to rush out and oblige my need today!  It's just that I've missed a few things. Granted there were baskets today, although, the only response I got was "kewl".

I had to think a few minutes and ask myself, what exactly was I missing?


  1.   Egg dying, and the plunk of eggs as you remind them "gentle", followed by a splatter of dye.
  2.   The questions "how does the bunny lay eggs?", "does he come down the chimney?" "can I eat all my candy?"
  3.  Watching one boy (Chris) racing around trying to gather as many eggs as possible, while the other boy (Tim) would find an egg, if it was plastic, survey it's contents, and then announce his findings.
  4.   Chocolate bunnies missing their ears and tails.
  5.  Peeps, cause the boys hate them and I love them.


So, as you're putting to bed over sugared, egg hugging, chocolate scented children tonight, remember this is fleeting.  Enjoy the moment, enjoy the feelings, and honestly...peeps are better when they're a little stale.

Happy Easter

No comments:

Post a Comment