Monday, April 25, 2011

Paradise

One of the advantages of living where I do, is it's proximity to Yosemite National Park.  Our town is officially called "the Gateway to Yosemite".  Back in the day, and for you smart alecs that are bristling to ask, "NO, I wasn't there!", people rode into our town on the train and then were taken by wagon into Yosemite.  It's only 90 minutes away by car.  The roads are a little winding, but not awful.  At least I don't have to go over some suspension bridge, cause we all know I break out my mantra "the bridge won't fall, the bridge won't fall" the entire way.

So, why would I drive three hours there and back?  Well, if you've never gone, it's Unbelievable!  Spring and Fall are the best time to go, for locals.  That way we avoid all the tourists and the deer jams. It has to be one of the most spiritual places ever.  There can be no doubt that God exists when you see Yosemite.


Half Dome


Awahnee Meadow


Vernal Falls


Sequoias,  the Bachelor and 3 Graces

Ah! Isn't this heaven?

No comments:

Post a Comment