Friday, May 6, 2011

In the Past Week..

I've continued to apply for jobs.  I've gotten my 7-10 resumes/applications out.  I've actually received three responses, okay, so they were all negative, but at least they were responses.  I'll just keep working at it.  I have to believe that a door or perhaps a window will open, hey I'd settle for a crack in the sidewalk! In the meantime, it's just best to stay positive and stay busy.

I'm not sure how many of you are familiar with the California Central Valley, but if you're not, think in terms of where most of your vegetables and fruits come from.  We are surrounded by farms, orchards and dairies.  Yes, we have personal relationships with the California Cows in our area.  What this means is that besides waking up to the acrid aroma of manure on a daily basis (referred to as the smell of money by our local ranchers), we have very warm weather.  We don't really have seasonal changes, one day in late October or early November it gets cold, averaging in the low 50's during the day, going down to the low 30's at night.  Then one day in April or May, it suddenly becomes summer, averaging in the 90's during the day, and the low 80's at night.  This week "summer" arrived.  Wednesday night, when I passed the temperature and time on the bank it read 8:30pm and the temperature was 80 degrees. It takes some getting used to.

I've continued to do some yard work, as it seems to be a never ending chore.  Note to all, do not wear flip flops while weed whacking.  I still have all my toes, just a kind of beat up surface of my left foot.  One of those things that should come with a warning "don't try this at home".

I mentioned in April that I was working on my own design for a vintage/classic style infant/child's sweater.  It's a much harder task then I imagined, but I'm almost finished.  I wanted something with texture, which I think I've accomplished, you be the judge.  I chose Cascade 220 sport weight in Natural.  I love the way this knits up, it is so luxurious, in my opinion.  I love the texture and pattern on the right side, but also love the way the wrong side looks.  I'm kind of picky about the innards.  I still have to finish the left front, sleeves, decide on the collar, button bands, not to mention the actual buttons.  I'm leaning towards maroon buttons, I'll have to see how they look.  I welcome any feedback at all!  Have a look:



I'm also working on this lace scarf,  Mirabelle, I'm using Knitpicks  Shadow Lace Yarn in Vineyard Heather. I like it, although, it will probably be a gift, as it's a little too girlie for my taste.  I love that it's more of a spring, early fall scarf.


I'm continuing to purge, it seems to be having a freeing effect.  Who knew we could get so bogged down by stuff?

That's been my week, I hope yours' went well!

No comments:

Post a Comment